The guys on the panel are:
Yaron Galai -
Will Johnson -
Shuman Ghosemajumder -
Jay Sears – ContextWeb
Doug Perlson – Kanoodle
This forum turned out to be a big sales pitch from most of the guys.
Doug Kicks off…
Kanoodle offers sponsored links on some of the Web’s Best Sites (he puts up a nice picture of all the partners).
BrightAds – Monetization for Publishers
- First sponsored links provider to map by “Topic,” not keywords
- Utilizes combination of editorial mapping, behavioural data and page scan technology to provide greater relevancy than page scan alone.
- Ensures highest editorial relevance, which means more clicks and more revenue.
- Competitive Revenue-Per-Click (RPC): Average RPC in BrightAds network is over 0.70 cents
- Can be listed on the same pages and within the same website as other networks
- Allow you to choose the format that works best, including cookies and pops
- We don’t tell you how to run your business
- First of its kind program that allows publishers to generate revenue when web surfers click on Kanoodle’s sponsored links – even when they aren’t on the publisher’s Web site!
- Non-competitive with ther programs
- No creative interference
The 3 R’s
- More Revenue
- Multiple products mean you can generate more revenue from your pages
- Always Relevant
- Using a unique topic based approach, the right ads are matched to your content. Targeting by keyword and context alone has its limitations
- True Relationship
- Kanoodle is a true partner with people to talk to and work directly with you
What sites work best with Kanoodle?
- Niche sites within certain key verticals
- Areas like Finance, Health, Computing, Travel and Automotive monetize well with Kanoodle
- Broad sites that span many topics
- Kandoodle’s 15,000 topic taxonomy has ability to get as general or as granular as your site
What’s next? Building a better program…
- BrightAds CPM
- Sites over 100k pageviews can contact us about our beta CPM program
- Approved on a case by case basis
- Expanded Behavioural Program
Jay Sears from ContextWeb takes the floor:
Jay shows some slides from eMarketer on the growth of Contextual Ad Spending.
Since 2001, ContextAd is the only true Real-Time marketplace for buying and selling ads using patent pending contextual targeting technology.
- Content from 50 of the top 200 comScore sites
- Large pool of advertisers
The ContextWeb Difference
Monetize Dynamic content with Real-time indexing
Increase page yield with categorization and keywords
Maximize eCPM and monetization
Important distinction is that they use real time indexing, not spidering to detect the relevant ads for the content.
He is moving to fast, I can’t keep up! He is now doing a demo on their software.
Next up is Shuman from Google.
He speaks about the Internet Ecosystem and speaks about the virtuous cycle, where Users, interact with Publisher and Advertisers and vice versa.
How does Google help you meet your objectives?
Create content, monetize content and deepen engagement.
Adsense for Content: Better Ad Monetization
- Uses combination of contextual-targeting and site-targeting to deliver the best ad for a page.
- Uses click-feedback to deliver high performing ads
- Large, comprehensive base of advertisers
- Maximizes revenue by displaying relevant ads
- Broadly used by publishers in virtually all business categories
Contextual Targeting: Intelligent Ad Selection
- AdSense technology understands the content of each page and dynamically matches ads to it – maximizing ad relevance and performance
- Link Structure Analysis of the web
Now he starts moving to fast, so I’m going to just add commentary from my perspective.
Keyword & Site Targeting ads compete for placement based upon highest yield.
I can’t cover the rest of this session because my battery is dying! Sorry guys, I’ll post a link to someone else’s blog on this sessions – I see a few bloggers in the room.